Weekly News 27/09/22
This week in Maths we will be continuing to look at place value in maths sessions. The children will be focusing on comparing numbers and using the 'greater than and less than symbols'. We are also very excited to have our 'French Day' tomorrow. We are going to look very colourful and are excited to try new foods!
Things to note:
Our Harvest Festival is this Friday. If you wanted to donate any food items, please send these into school with your child before Friday.
Census Day is on Thursday 6th October. We would like to encourage all children to have a school dinner on that day.
Advanced warning that we are having a non-uniform day on Friday 4th November. There will be no monetary charge for this, however, we would like you to send in a donation for the Year 2 Christmas Hamper to be raffled off at the Christmas Market. We are asking for GREEN items please.
Our school DISCO will be held on Wednesday 9th November. There will be further information sent out from school regarding this.
Straight after our Newstead Abbey visit on Wednesday 30th November we are holding our Christmas Market. Again, there will be further information sent regarding this.
Spellings to learn this week are Set 5:
Your child will tested on these words on Friday 7th October.
The Year Two Team
Weekly News 20/09/22
This week we will be continuing to look at place value in maths sessions. The children will be focusing on number lines up to 100 and placing numbers in the correct place. This week is also RE week so we will be looking at the creation story. The children will be using creative ways to express their ideas about the story.
Dates for your diary
- Modern Foreign Language day is next Wednesday 28th September. Your child can come to school dressed in red, white and blue. We will also be trying some french foods and learning how to speak a bit of the french language. If your child has allergies and you have not spoken to one of us about this yet, please can you do this before the weekend, thank you.
- Next Friday 30th is our Harvest festival. If you would like to donate any food products please send them in on Wednesday or Thursday next week.
- We are going on a trip to Newstead Abbey on Wednesday 30th November. More information regarding the trip will follow closer to the date, but we wanted to give you some advanced warning. If you would like to pay for the trip you are able to already do this on Scholar pack.
- Census day is Thursday 6th October. We would like to encourage all children to have a school dinner on that day.
Spellings for next week. Your child needs to learn SET 4 of the spelling words that are located in the back of the home / school diary. These are:
Your child will be tested on these words on Friday 30th September.
Year Two Team
Weekly News 13th September 2022
This week we have been busy learning about Animal Habitats, flexibly partitioning numbers up to 100 and voting for our House Captains.
We are also very much looking forward to seeing lots of you tomorrow afternoon at our Meet the Teacher event.
- On Thursday, Mrs Butkevicius is starting her EMUS sessions with the children. Please look out for an information sheet and a small piece of homework about People we can trust. This work supports her sessions, so please can it be returned before the session next week.
- Please remember that school is closed for an extra Bank Holliday next Monday 19th September for the Queen's funeral.
- We are having our Flu vaccines on Tuesday 20th September. You should have received an email regarding this.
- Our Modern Foreign Languages Day is being held on Wednesday 28th September. As a school, we are all going to be learning all things 'French!' This is a non-uniform event and children can come into school wearing red/white or blue clothes on this day.
- The KWS Harvest Festival will take place on Friday 30th September, where the children will visit St. Johns Church for their celebrations. If you would like to donate any food, please can you send this into school with your child during that week. Thank you in advance.
- Spellings for NEXT week. Your child needs to learn Set 3 of the spelling words that are located in the back of their home/school diary. These are:
Your child will be tested on these words on Friday 23rd September.
If you have any concerns or questions, please come and see us
The Year Two Team
Weekly News 6th September 2022
Goodness, what a busy few days we've had! We are so impressed with your children already. Their behaviour and attitude to learning is wonderful!
- Next week we are starting our E.M.U.S. sessions. You should already have received the session information regarding this. Please see your child's class teacher if you wish your child to be withdrawn from any of these sessions.
- P.E. Kit. Please see our School Uniform Policy on the 'About Us - School Uniform' page of the website to ensure your child is wearing the correct kit.
- On Wednesday 14th September, we are holding a Meet the Teacher event. This will be an informal event that takes place after school from 3:15pm to 4:15pm, where you can come inside school and have a look around your child's classroom and meet us. We are looking forward to meeting you all!
- Spellings for NEXT week. Your child needs to learn Set 2 of the spelling words that are located in the back of their home/school diary.
The words to learn are:-
Your child will be tested on these words on Friday 16th September.
The Year Two Team
Weekly News 1st September 2022
Welcome back! We are very excited to be meeting the children today and are looking forward to helping them settle into life in Year 2.
- Our P.E. days this year are Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please can you send your child to school in their P.E. kit on these days.
- Your child should bring home a welcome to Year 2 letter today. Please take a quick look at this as it outlines our topics for this year.
- In Year 2, we have C.A.S.E. sessions which teach us how to be safe in the world. This year it has been updated and has a new name! Our E.M.U.S. (Education Making Us Safe) sessions will begin on Thursday 15th September. Please look our for a consent letter being sent home this week.
- We are asking that your child learns Set 1 of the spelling words that are located in the back of their home/school diary, which you should receive today or tomorrow.
The words are the following:-
Your child will be tested on these words on Friday 9th September.
Please ensure that you regularly look at our Year Group page on the school website, where future weekly news and important information will be written.
The Year 2 Team.