Post title - Caretaker
Location - Kirkby Woodhouse School
Salary - £21,547 - 22,368 depending on experience and qualifications
Hours of work - Full time, permanent, 52 weeks (split shift 5am - 9.30am and 3pm - 6pm, 5.30pm finish on a Friday)
We are looking to appoint a friendly and approachable caretaker who is willing to take care of our school site and help lead our cleaning team. In the words of our school moto “It’s never boring here” and that is certainly true of this position.
Your role will be to ensure the academy is a welcoming and safe environment for all our children, young people and staff. Applicants should be able to work cooperatively with all members of the school community but also have the skills and knowledge to independently maintain high standards of cleanliness and maintenance throughout the site.
We are a lively and creative team who require a confident and determined Caretaker to join our school and enjoy working with an extremely dedicated group of staff and governors.
Experience as a caretaker is not essential, as training will be given. It is highly desirable that the successful applicant possesses DIY skills, is able to supervise cleaners, liaise with contractors and be able to operate and manage the site security system.
We are looking for someone who:
• Strives to be the best, having high expectations of themselves and their work
• Is well organised and demonstrates real commitment to team working
• Is reflective of their own practice and prepared to use their initiative
In return we can offer you:
• Fantastic opportunities to work within a successful school
• Excellent Continual Professional Development opportunities that will support the growth of the role
• Resources and support to enhance your provision
• A hard-working and extremely supportive team of school staff
Further information and an application form can be found on the school website or by contacting Mrs Greasby on email@example.com
Closing date Tuesday 12th September 2023
Interviews will take place on Monday 25th September 2023
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
Kirkby Woodhouse School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to enhanced DBS with children’s barred list checks.