Our guiding principles are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Our Guiding Principles
Our Guiding Principles help to integrate all our work, forming a platform and challenge for school development and also a benchmark by which we can judge the effectiveness of all that we do and the decisions that we make.
- Together in Achievement (Partnership and ethos).
- KWS is a ‘Take Care’ school. We take care of, and value, ourselves, each other, our work and the world. (Ethos)
- At KWS we strive to be the best we can be. (Encouraging us always to be in a process of continuous self review and positive improvement).
- At KWS we work hard to maximise the learning, growing and life skills of all our pupils. (Links all our planning, work and thinking and forms the basis of our school self review and evaluation).
- At KWS every child has the right to learn and grow in a caring school where they feel safe, happy and challenged and which provides opportunity for all. (Attitudes and behaviour)
- For Children (Reminder of our primary focus).